Saturday, June 18, 2011

An Imam, A Rabbi, and Hearing from God

"Pray this prayer as if it were your last" (Imam Dawood, at Friday prayers yesterday)

"Repentance allows us to live with the consequences (of our actions), closer to God" (Rabbi Slotnik, at an Orthodox Jewish prayer service today, commenting on Numbers 14 and following).

I find, if I enter into another's context, and listen carefully, try to understand and appreciate their vision, their faith, their actions, in their context, and ask God to speak to me, he does - he speaks to me, through the other. I'm not going to theologize about this, but I have experienced it. Yesterday and today, God has touched my heart through Muslim and Jewish prayer (worship). And I am thankful. (Tomorrow we all participate in a Christian service.)

No comments:

Post a Comment