Sunday, August 15, 2010

Beginnings

I’m writing this blog for myself, mainly, to reflect on a range of questions and issues related to the broad topic of “faith and culture.” I write as a trained Anthropologist, and as a person of faith (you could call me a “Christian,” though for the most part I prefer the label “follower of Jesus”). I write out of my own experience and faith, naturally, but I hope that my reflections might be of some value to other people who are interested in faith, culture, and the relationship between them – whether you are a person of faith or not, and whatever your faith may be. I am particularly interested – given my years of living in relationship with Muslims – in whether Muslims will find helpful and relevant the concepts I discuss. I welcome feedback, input, and discussion. I hope that all interaction on this site, whether or not we agree, will be with the respect due to others who are created as fellow human beings, in the image of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment